Having completed a COVID19 risk assessment, we must put in the following additional measures to be covid secure. If you are camping with us, please read these carefully and do get in touch if you have any questions.
We have tried to ensure that these will not impact the enjoyment of your stay at the farm. We reserve the right to amend these rules if government guidelines change.
These rules are in addition to the standard rules we have, which can be also be found on our website
For the safety of everyone it is important that you do follow these rules. We have a duty of care to all staff and guests, and so in the case of a serious failure to adhere to or continual breaking of the rules, we may ask you to leave the campsite with no refund for any days not used.
Apologies that the list is long, but it's all pretty straightforward really.
The shared facility building known as the guest barn, encompasses 2 self enclosed toilets, 2 self enclosed shower room with wc, a laundry room, an honesty shop, games area and washing up area.
- You should not travel to us if you suspect you have corona virus. Instead you should arrange for a test and await the result before making a decision on wheher to travel. In the event you cannot travel and we are open, we are unable to offer any refund. We strongly suggest you arrange travel insurance to cover you. We cannot recommend a policy, but understand there are policies available.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied to the guest barn. This is to ensure that the rules are followed correctly at all times
- Please try to stay 2 meters apart from others outside your group where possible and at a minimum 1 meter apart
- No more than 2 people are allowed in the shop/washing up area
- If both washing up sinks are being used, please face away from each other
- The communal fridge and freezer are can be used, please wipe down any areas you touch with the provided spray and wipes.
- The pool table, table football and sofas are not permitted to be used
- You may purchase items from the shop. Please put the money in the honesty box and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of items you have had as we need this information for our tax return
- Use the hand sanitiser when entering the guest barn
- You may use the washing machine and tumble dryer. Please use the spray and wipe provided to clean any surface you touch. Do not touch the door to the laundry room. Put the spray back up on the shelf after use to stop children reaching it. Please don't go crazy with the paper towels.
- When entering and exiting the shower rooms and toilets, please use the spray and wipes to clean any areas you are going to touch. This includes the door handles on both sides of the door. Put the spray back up on the shelf after use to stop children reaching it. Please don't go crazy with the paper towels.
- No queuing for the toilets or showers inside the building.
- Leave the main door open at all times
- We have a boules court, if you wish to play, please bring your own boules
- The seating and bbq area on the terrace is reserved for the cottages. Please do not sit on these seats or use the bbq
- You may use the firepit. Please make sure you observe the 1 meter rule.
- Please use the hand sanitiser before using the chemical disposal facility at the top of the campsite
- Please use the hand sanitiser before using the water tap at the top of the campsite
- Please use the hand sanitiser before opening general waste of recycling bins
- The bins in the guest barn are for disposing of paper towels only. Please dispose of your food waste and recycling directly in the main waste and recycling bins
- The guest barn will be closed for 1 hour in the morning between 10.30-11.30, and in the evening 20.30-21.30 so that we can clean everything safely.
- Please call 01840 230360 or email info@pencukefarm if any supplies have run out or if there are any issues you discover in the guest barn
- If you show symptoms of COVID19 during your stay, you must report it to us, isolte and arrange for a test. If you test positive, you should return to your main residence. We recommend that you keep sufficient fuel in your vehicle at all time to get you home. If for any reason you have to extend your stay to self isolate, you will be liable to the standard rate for the pitch. If you have to leave early, we cannot refund you and we strongly suggest you arrange travel insurance to cover you. We cannot recommend a policy, but understand there are policies available.
- You are welcome to visit the sheep, chickens and alpacas, please wash or sanitise your hands first. Note that the chickens are friendly, but inquisitive and will peck your clothes.
- Unfortunately at this time, we cannot allow you to feed the animals.
- Please note that the alpacas will either be heavily pregnant or will have newborn cria, so it is vital that children keep their distance and do not chase them.
- Respect others and keep a safe distance from their pitch and Shepherds hut
- Dogs must be kept on a lead on the campsite